Prologue...

Click here to read

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thankful 101

Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Dear God,
I'm thankful because you are MY God and not the rocks and stones' like you threatened to be.
I'm thankful because of all the people you could have chosen to accomplish that small detail of your plan for this world, you chose me. I only ask that you help me stay on the right path so I get to see what that detail is all about.
I'm thankful because you believe in me when I don't believe in myself. Because even when I lose my faith and tread a dark path, you still remain faithful and guide me back into your light. Really Lord, where do you find the patience for mankind?
I'm thankful because you created me and everyone I love after Jesus died to save us. I can't imagine being swallowed by the earth like some Isrealites were or being turned into an animal like King Nebuchs was. A burning bush or a writing on the wall would've freaked me out!! You must admit you were pretty scary back then.
I'm thankful because just as you promised, you sacrificed your only Son for us - and He didn't complain too! You and Jesus are about the coolest Father and Son there ever will be.
I'm thankful for your Holy Spirit who guides and counsels me everyday. I'm only sad because He doesn't give the kinda super powers I imagined having as a child.
I'm thankful for Mel Gibson. Through his Passion of The Christ you brought a lot of people around the world closer to you and saved a few more souls.
I'm thankful for my family: Dad, Mum and my three brothers. Can't complain but if I had to...Why don't I have a sister? and why are we so many??
Thank you Lord for Grandma. Oh that woman has been a blessing. I used to think she was a pain(she still is sometimes) but Lord, the wisdom you've given her to share with me is just amazing!! And the way she'd phone me when I was in school, just to say God bless you Kobe, was very touching. When she eventually come to heaven, please give her a kiss for me.
I'm very thankful for that one time when you didn't grant me my earnest wish. If you had I would've missed all the beautiful things and people you have brought into my life. I definately would have missed that delicious fufu and banku I ate at Kumasi. What was I thinking asking you to take my life???
I'm thankful because you bring all these trials my way. I'm sorry I failed some but all in all you taught me valuable lessons and increased my faith. The last one though was a bit harsh don't you think?
I'm thankful because you made me in your own image and likeness. You must be one good-looking God, with a big head.
I'm thankful for my co-authors on this blog, Shirley and Abby. You knew I'd been thinking of starting this blog for some time and you brought them in at the right time. Help me find a guy so I can balance the hormonal levels.
I'm thankful because unlike the other pompous idols of little gods who scare their followers, eat their food and make them kill each other, you are gentle ask nothing of me but to believe in you, love you back and have fellowship with you. The fact that I can talk to you any time, any day is even way cooler! But really, thanks for allowing me to know you the way I do and for all that you've been to me the few years of my life.

Faithfully yours.

Me

P.S. Please bless the reader of this blog.

2 comments:

Shameless said...

hahah!! Kobe this is sweet, touching and hilarious at the same time. counting your blessings and naming them one by one is an impossible job. there's too many to list and that's the beauty of it all.

Unknown said...

Yea Abena, as impossible as it is I'll try and list them weekly.

Post a Comment