Prologue...

Click here to read

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

As unto God

Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I have always know that there is more to being God's child than allotting 2 hours of Sunday for Him and having my not so daily quiet time with Him. God know that if He spend that much(little) time with me I would be dead by now. The Christian stereotype is as such and the rest of his time is spend living an ordinary life with no God-sense. I had been that kind of Christian for a long, long time until the eve of 2008 after which I decided to involve God in even the smallest, seemingly insignificant aspects of my life.
But last Sunday I was reminded of a very important aspect Christian living which keeps us closer to God. Paul said that "to live is Christ...." and in Colossians 3:12-end(click to read), he first admonishes us to be kind, merciful and forgiving. He later tells us to let God's word dwell richly in us, hold love dearly in our hearts and relate to our family well. In all our doings however, he mentions twice that we should do them "as unto God and not unto men". This means letting God be the reason for our every action. If we have this in mind we'll realise that we will begin to involve Him more in every aspect of our lives and harness a God-sense which will keep us focused on Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment