Prologue...

Click here to read

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rock of Ages

Sunday, April 25, 2010
In my solemn times I've always found myself singing this particular hymn. It never bores, it never tarries to surface in my mind. It's the one song that draws me back into the loving arms of God whenever I go very astray. The one hymn that gives me good rest when I'm so very tired. The

I'm a difficult man, but I break down and weep bitterly when I sing:

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee;
let the water and the blood,
from thy wounded side which flowed,
be of sin the double cure;
save from wrath and make me pure.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
simply to the cross I cling;
naked, come to thee for dress;
helpless, look to thee for grace;
foul, I to the fountain fly;
wash me, Savior, or I die.

1 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Deep hymn. I like it too...

Post a Comment