Prologue...

Click here to read

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Would I?

Thursday, April 15, 2010
Dear God,

What if you actually lived among us? Would we be more obedient knowing that you are with us or would we sin more knowing that you'll be visibly ready to forgive? It's something I'm thinking about this very moment. What would you look like? What would you wear? Would you live on top of an 'Olympian' mountain in all your bellowing splendour, with thick fiery clouds surrounding your abode, or live like an ordinary human, picking the bus with us? Or would you live as King of the world (I think not)? Would you visit us from time to time and actually have fellowship with us? Would you perform miracles overtly? Would you behold a woman and conceive a demi-god (I think you've done that already but with style)?

Would I love you more? Yearn for you more? Pray more (or less)? Speak of you more? Bask in your glory? Climb to 'Olympus' in search for you, the truth, answers? Would I ask for too much or less; or nothing at all?

Would you be black? White? Asian? Hispanic? Caucasian? Blonde? Red neck?

Would the devil have to live with us too, you know, for balance? Would hell be just around the corner?

Would I still have to work or school? I hope that's a NO.

2 comments:

Shels said...

I'd probably try climbing to Olympus if I knew i'd find Him there, jus so I could have a convo with Him over brunch..that wud be so awesome.. i think.

n, have u seen the world around u.. taken a walk around d ghettos.. seen the street children.. watched people starve while others swim in the nation's coffers...seen people dying of malaria and ish...ya, i'd say hell is already just around the corner..and/or the devil, one day got bored in hell and decided to come live among us.

Unknown said...

D'accord. Hell is all around us. But "with all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world".

Post a Comment