Prologue...

Click here to read

Monday, November 16, 2009

Who do you look to?

Monday, November 16, 2009
'I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord who made Heaven and earth. He will not let my foot be moved. He who keeps me will not slumber.......' Psalm 121

For some reason, I have been so vimless these days. It's really crazy. I don't know if any of you have ever gotten to a point in your life where for some reason you feel too lazy to read your Bible. Too lazy to have your quiet time and meditate, and too lazy to pray for yourself. Funny thing is I found time to stop in the middle of the day and say a short prayer for other people that I cared about. Yet I couldn't pray for myself. I dunno why. Maybe I thought my problems where so many and if i started praying, it would end up praying for like 30 minutes or something. Or maybe I just didn't want to deal with my problems, because in order to pray about something, I would have to think about it first, and I didn't want to have to deal with that. Ok, now I'm sure you think I have some pleeeeeeeenty problems. I probably don't. Hmmm... But life after college seems to be a big one. Extended family issues seems to be another one. Just those two are enough to give me a headache. I guess another thing is that somehow I figured that God would always be there for me, and He knows my needs, my dreams, my aspirations, my musings and my confusion .... or maybe I was just being lazy and stupid. Who knows. Anyway, I prayed yesterday.. it took a lot for me to pray. Yet after I finished I felt so relieved. I felt like I had just spoken to my long lost friend. My friend who was always 1 step behind me and 2 steps ahead of me at the same time. The friend who protected me from 'the snare of the fowler' and who 'sent his angels to take charge of me and guard me in all my ways ... ' (Psalm 91).  I felt so relieved yesterday, because I felt like I had properly poured my heart out. I even prayed for all my friends that I was worried about. Those who were sick, those who were looking for jobs, those with relationship problems etc.. Felt so much better than my random one minute 'Oh God, How are You? I know You are well. I'm also well. Please guide me through the day. Amen' or 'God, you said by your stripes we are healed. Please heal so and so person. aMEN'. Not that there's anything wrong with those short hurried prayers on the tube. However, its always good to spend more time with God, have a conversation with him, and pour your heart out. Trust me, when you are done, you'll feel so much better.

So here's my question for the day.
When you are in need, when your friends are in need, who do you look to? For who you look to will greatly affect your mood, your perspective, and the result you get!

Peace and Love ppl!

I Look To You - Whitney Houston

4 comments:

Unknown said...

U touched me! OOOOOOOOOH you TOUCHED ME!! I share the same viewpoint. Such relief prayer bring us. The satisfaction of knowing that He takes over when we tell him about anything..... keep 'em coming shirls! God bless.

Nicole said...

I run to the Holy Spirit. Day in and day out I talk to him, just like a friend. Everyday I try to make sure to get down and pray (concentrate on having a real conversation with Him where I talk to Him and wait to hear from Him). That is really when I feed my spirit with His presence and His word. It carries me through my day too because as I am out and about he sends subtle reminders and confirmations to what he told me during my prayer times. It's awesome!

godamongus said...

God bless you! Thank for reading Godamongus. You have a beautiful blog site here and I am very happy to follow your spiritual journey. Keep up the great work. Satan's weakness is that he doesn't know when to stop; and, he pushes us to the point that we finally cry out to God to help us. Sadly, many people immediately return to their old ways once they are better. Yet, we mustn't be like a fickle lover back and forth between God's ways and Satan's ways. We must pray incessantly, just as you express. Feel free to leave me your comments and opinions on my site. I am trying to bring the best in spiritual truths hidden in the bible.

Shels said...

tx for the comments.
You believe the difference prayer actually makes. My week was so much better... n i went to church today and the message was just POWERFUL and it came at the perfect time too.. looking forward to an exceptional week. God bless you.

Post a Comment