Prologue...

Click here to read

Friday, November 6, 2009

Thankful 102

Friday, November 6, 2009
Dear God,

Thanks for the other night: family time with you is refreshing.
Thanks for my job and all my colleagues at work. They are painful and wonderful at the same time.
Thanks a lot for allowing me to understand and love my work. I already see myself shining like you promised. Tell Mr. Ghost to keep me humble even when I make it to the top.
Lord thanks for transportation forth and back every day...When do I get my own ride?? My legs almost always don't fit in the darn commercial buses.
I'm also grateful for the stunt you pulled the other day. I was shocked but glad you did.
Thanks because you alone give me the strength to work as much as I do. I hope this blessing comes without gray hair. I'm still young.
Thanks for UPS Ghana. They're timely and reliable and without them I never would've been able to get a copy of Sherri Shepherd's Permission Slips.
Thanks for letting the reader of this post understamd that although the book targets women, there are some interesting things everyone can learn from it therefore reading it doesn't make me sissy. Plus it's enjoyable to say the least.
Thanks because I was wrong about the dude who I thought was gay. It would've been a shame.
Thanks for all those ideas you keep pushing into my head but good God! slow down....ok so will you add that to my swearing list? I hope not because really, I AM talking to YOU.
Thanks for understanding.
...Thanks for listening to all my prayers and answering some. Try email sometime, it's really good. You could have your own Gmail (GodMail) account.
Thanks for small mercies. I was thinking, instead of giving them bit by bit why don't you put them all together and gimme a HUGE blessing? Never mind me Lord, you know what's best for me and I thank you for not making me figure everything out myself. To have your job would be just impossible for mortal me. Your multi-tasking is off the hook! Yea, I watched Bruce Almighty. I think you were great and you made your point. Now I know for sure that you're black. lol.

Sincerely yours,

Ananse

0 comments:

Post a Comment